Your choice for drug coverage
Prescription drugs can be expensive. MedicareBlue Rx is a Part D Prescription Drug Plan designed to help you manage your drug costs. Even if you don’t have drug costs now, this plan can protect you from the expense of prescription drugs you may need in the future.
MedicareBlue Rx offers you:
- Protection from unexpected drug costs
- Coverage of preferred and non-preferred generic and brand-name drugs, as well as specialty drugs
- Access to more than 67,000* pharmacies in our network. See a list of participating pharmacies. You can also search our drug lists (formularies) to see if your medications are covered.
Choose from two plan options
We offer two plan options — Standard and Premier. Both plans offer preferred cost sharing.
- Our Standard option has a $0 deductible on Tier 1 drugs and a $400 deductible on Tiers 2, 3, 4 and 5 drugs that you must pay first before copay or coinsurance cost sharing begins.
- Our Premier option does not have a deductible, so drug coverage starts right away with copays or coinsurance. Our Premier option also offers additional savings on generic drugs in the coverage gap.
- Each option includes catastrophic coverage that helps protect against high drug costs after you have spent a certain amount on prescription drugs.
See below to compare the two options at each coverage stage.
To help you decide which plan is right for you, use our drug pricing tool. Remember to compare all the benefits and value offered by each plan option, in addition to out-of-pocket costs.
If you are new to Medicare, you may want to learn more about Medicare before choosing a plan.
Rates and coverage details
For plan rates and what's covered in each option, refer to the:
Order printed materials online at no cost to you
Place your order for printed materials, including an enrollment kit (and more depending on location). Orders are mailed free of charge.
Use our pharmacy network for the greatest benefits
Once enrolled, you’ll have access to more than 67,000* network pharmacies including 36,000 that offer preferred cost sharing. These are major chains such as CVS/pharmacy, Wal-Mart and Walgreens, as well as many neighborhood pharmacies. Using a pharmacy in our network reduces your costs and your claims will be filed for you.
If you go to a pharmacy that is not in our network, you may have to pay more for your prescriptions and you may have to file a claim to be reimbursed. You will pay any difference between the non-network pharmacy’s charge and the amount the plan allows. Some drugs may have quantity limits or other restrictions that apply.
* 2016 data from CVS Caremark, an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services.
MedicareBlue Rx is awarded a 5 (out of 5) Star rating for 2017
MedicareBlue Rx has been awarded a 5-Star rating* from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for 2017. This is the highest possible score, which is why MedicareBlue Rx continues to be a top choice for members focused on quality.
The Star Rating System rates plans on the results of several quality measures, with the summary score providing a measure of a plan's overall quality. This score represents the quality of care, access to care, responsiveness of the plan and the members' satisfaction. Plans with five stars represent "excellent performance." Both Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans are rated using the system.
If you would like additional information on our plan's performance, please contact us at
1-866-434-2037 (TTY hearing impaired users call 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily, Central and Mountain Times, or visit medicare.gov.
* Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Letters and phone calls once you join our plan
When you join MedicareBlue Rx you may receive an occasional letter or phone call from the plan. For example, if you have other prescription drug coverage, you may receive a call asking that you verify your other coverage so that Medicare can coordinate your benefits with your other plan coverage.
You will receive a letter from the plan shortly after your enrollment application is received if an agent helped with your enrollment. Its purpose is to make sure you are enrolled in the correct plan, describe how the plan works and answer any questions you may have.
If you have any questions about letter or phone call you receive from the plan, please call 1-888-832-0075 (TTY hearing impaired users call 711).
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program
If you meet certain requirements, you may be invited to participate in a program designed for your specific health and pharmacy needs. You may choose not to participate, but it is recommended that you take full advantage of this service if you are selected. For more about who is eligible for MTM and how the program can help you, see the program flyer.
You can also download a blank Personal Medication List to get started.
*CVS Caremark Part D Services is an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services.