Blue Cross and Blue Shield has been helping employer and union groups with Medicare solutions for decades. Our group plans are available to employer and union groups that are headquartered in Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wyoming, but your retirees can live anywhere within the U.S.
Group MedicareBlue Rx is available as a stand-alone solution or it can be offered as an add-on to retiree medical coverage. We offer:
- Fully-insured plans that limit liability and risk exposure
- Flexible payment opportunities to help manage costs
- Five standard benefit designs
- Access to a nationwide pharmacy network
- Choices to offer a stand-alone plan or complementary coverage
- Coverage for supplemental drugs that aren’t covered by Medicare
Learn more about Group MedicareBlue Rx
Find out what Group MedicareBlue Rx can do for you and your retirees. Talk with your authorized agent or the licensed Blue Cross and Blue Shield sales representative in your state.
|Iowa||Email Lynn Tague|
|Minnesota||Email Bradley Larson|
|Montana||Email Rhonda Nordahl|
|Nebraska||Email Joni Olds|
|North Dakota||Email Chris Kulesa|
|South Dakota||Email Lynn Tague|
|Wyoming||Email Lee Shannon|
Resources for current members of Group MedicareBlue Rx
- Contact customer service
- Find a pharmacy near you
- Plan documents and forms
- Order a replacement member ID card
- Update your contact information
- Change your payment method
- Learn about Medicare fraud, waste and abuse
- Mail order service information
Filing a claim
Group MedicareBlue Rx may cover prescriptions filled at out-of-network pharmacies in certain situations. If you use an out-of-network pharmacy, you will generally have to pay the full cost of the drug at the time you fill your prescription. You can ask us to reimburse you for our share of the cost by submitting a claim.
Financial assistance for prescription drugs
Medicare beneficiaries who have limited resources and income may be able to get Extra Help, a government financial assistance program that helps pay for Medicare Part D costs. Learn more about Extra Help.
Eligibility for Group MedicareBlue RxYou are eligible to enroll in Group MedicareBlue Rx if you:
- Are entitled to Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Live in the plan’s service area
- Are identified as an eligible plan participant by your employer
While enrolled in Group MedicareBlue Rx, you must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium and Medicare Part A (if applicable), if not otherwise paid for by Medicaid or another third party. You can only enroll in one Part D plan at a time.